![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Preparing a child for surgery
· Talk to the child about what is going to happen and why.
· Reassure your child that you will be there too
· Answer your child‟ questions
· Use simple terms that the child can understand
· Take a favourite toy. It can have bandages too
· Be honest without scaring: „It will hurt for a bit – but we‟ll try and make it better”
· Tell the child he/she will be going home with you when it‟s finished
· Don‟t be surprised if the child gets angry with you: this is normal
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.