Answer the following questions:
1. What is inert pair effect?
2. Chalcogens belongs to p-block. Give reason.
3. Explain why fluorine always exhibit an oxidation state of -1?
4. Give the oxidation state of halogen in the following.
a) OF2 b) O2F2 c) Cl2O3 d) I2O4
5. What are interhalogen compounds? Give examples.
6. Why fluorine is more reactive than other halogens?
7. Give the uses of helium.
8. What is the hybridisation of iodine in IF7? Give its structure.
9. Give the balanced equation for the reaction between chlorine with cold NaOH and hot NaOH.
10. How will you prepare chlorine in the laboratory?
11. Give the uses of sulphuric acid.
12. Give a reason to support that sulphuric acid is a dehydrating agent.
13. Write the reason for the anamolous behaviour of Nitrogen.
14. Write the molecular formula and structural formula for the following molecules.
a) Nitric acid
b) dinitrogen pentoxide
c) phosphoric acid
15. Give the uses of argon.
16. Write the valence shell electronic configuration of group-15 elements.
17. Give two equations to illustrate the chemical behaviour of phosphine.
18. Give a reaction between nitric acid and a basic oxide.
19. What happens when PCl5 is heated?
20. Suggest a reason why HF is a weak acid, whereas binary acids of the all other halogens are strong acids.
21. Deduce the oxidation number of oxygen in hypofluorous acid – HOF.
22. What type of hybridisation occur in
a) BrF5 b) BrF3
23. Complete the following reactions.
1. NaCl + MnO2 + H2SO4 →
2. NaNO2 + HCl →
2. IO3− + I− + H+ →
3. I2 + S2O32− →
4. P4 + NaOH + H2O →
5. AgNO3 + PH3 →
6. Mg + HNO3 →
7. KClO3 →Δ hot conc.
8. Cu + H2 SO4→
9. Sb + Cl2 →
10. HBr + H2SO4 →
11. XeF6 + H2O→
12. XeO64− + Mn2+ + H+ →
13. XeOF4 + SiO2 →
14. Xe + F2
Copyright © 2018-2021 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. (BS) Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.