31. Define the following
i. Bond order
iii. σ- bond
32. What is a pi bond?
33. In CH4, NH3 and H2O, the central atom undergoes sp3 hybridisation - yet their bond angles are different. why?
34. Explain Sp2 hybridisation in BF3
35. Draw the M.O diagram for oxygen molecule calculate its bond order and show that O2 is paramagnetic.
36. Draw MO diagram of CO and calculate its bond order.
37. What do you understand by Linear combination of atomic orbitals in MO theory.
38. Discuss the formation of N2 molecule using MO Theory
39. What is dipolment?
40. Linear form of carbondioxide molecule has two polar bonds. yet the molecule has Zero dipolement why?
41. Draw the Lewis structures for the following species.
i) NO3– ii) SO42– iii) HNO3 iv) O3
42. Explain the bond formation in BeCl2 and MgCl2.
43. Which bond is stronger σ or π? Why?
44. Define bond energy.
45. Hydrogen gas is diatomic where as inert gases are monoatomic – explain on the basis of MO theory.
46. What is Polar Covalent bond? explain with example.
47. Considering x- axis as molecular axis, which out of the following will form a sigma bond.
i) 1s and 2py ii) 2Px and 2Px
iii) 2px and 2pz iv) 1s and 2pz
48. Explain resonance with reference to carbonate ion?
49. Explain the bond formation in ethylene and acetylene.
50. What type of hybridisations are possible in the following geometeries?
c) square planer.
51. Explain VSEPR theory. Applying this theory to predict the shapes of IF7, and SF6
52. CO2 and H2O both are triatomic molecule but their dipole moment values are different. Why?
53. Which one of the following has highest bond order? N2, N+2 or N2–
54. Explain the covalent character in ionic bond.
55. Describe fajan's rule.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.