26. State the first law of thermodynamics.
27. Define Hess's law of constant heat summation.
28. Explain intensive properties with two examples
29. Define the following terms:
a. isothermal process
b. adiabatic process
c. isobaric process
d. isochoric process
30. What is the usual definition of entropy? What is the unit of entropy?
31. Predict the feasibility of a reaction when
i) both ΔH and ΔS positive
ii) both ΔH and ΔS negative
iii) ΔH decreases but ΔS increases
32. Define is Gibb’s free energy.
33. Define enthalpy of combustion.
34. Define molar heat capacity. Give its unit.
35. Define the calorific value of food. What is the unit of calorific value?
36. Define enthalpy of neutralization.
37. What is lattice energy?
38. What are state and path functions? Give two examples.
39. Give Kelvin statement of second law of thermodynamics.
40. The equilibrium constant of a reaction is 10, what will be the sign of ∆G? Will this reaction be spontaneous?
41. Enthalpy of neutralization is always a constant when a strong acid is neutralized by a strong base: account for the statement.
42. State the third law of thermodynamics.
43. Write down the Born-Haber cycle for the formation of CaCl2
44. Identify the state and path functions out of the following: a)Enthalpy b)Entropy c) Heat d) Tem-perature e) Work f)Free energy.
45. State the various statements of second law of thermodynamics.
46. What are spontaneous reactions? What are the conditions for the spontaneity of a process?
47. List the characteristics of internal energy.
48. Explain how heat absorbed at constant volume is measured using bomb calorimeter with a neat diagram.
49. Calculate the work involved in expansion and compression process.
50. Derive the relation between ∆H and ∆U for an ideal gas. Explain each term involved in the equa-tion.
51. Suggest and explain an indirect method to calculate lattice enthalpy of sodium chloride crystal.
52. List the characteristics of Gibbs free energy.