31. Give IUPAC names for the following compounds
iii) (CH3)3 C – C ≡ C – CH (CH3)2
iv) ethyl isopropyl acetylene
v) CH ≡ C – C ≡ C – C ≡ CH
32. Identify the compound A, B, C and D in the following series of reactions
Write short notes on ortho, para directors in aromatic electrophilic substitution reactions.
33. How is propyne prepared from an alkyene dihalide ?
34. An alkylhalide with molecular formula C6H13Br on dehydro halogenation gave two isomeric alkenes X and Y with molecular formula C6H12. On reductive ozonolysis, X and Y gave four compounds CH3COCH3, CH3CHO, CH3CH2CHO and (CH3)2 CHCHO. Find the alkylhalide.
35. Describe the mechanism of Nitration of benzene.
36. How does Huckel rule help to decide the aromatic character of a compound.
37. Suggest the route for the preparation of the following from benzene.
3 – chloro nitrobenzene
4 – chlorotoluene
m - dinitro benzene
38. Suggest a simple chemical test to distinguish propane and propene.
39. What happens when isobutylene is treated with acidified potassium permanganate ?
40. How will you convert ethyl chloride in to
ii) n – butane
41. Describe the conformers of n - butane.
42. Write the chemical equations for combustion of propane.
43. Explain Markow nikoff's rule with suitable example.
44. What happens when ethylene is passed through cold dilute alkaline potassium permanganate.
45. Write the structures of folowing alkanes.
i) 2, 3 – Dimethyl – 6 – (2 – methyl propyl) decane
ii) 5 – (2 – Ethyl butyl) – 3, 3 – dimethyldecane
iii) 5 – (1, 2 – Dimethyl propyl) – 2 – methylnonane
46. How will you prepare propane from a sodium salt of fatty acid ?
49 . How will you distinguish 1 – butyne and 2 – butyne?