![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Hyperthyroidism is a condition in which thyroid glands performs excessive functional activity and produces excess thyroid hormone
• Diffuse hyperfunction of the thyroid gland.
• Grave’s disease.
• Elevated T3 and T4
• Low TSH
• Presence of TSI antibodies
• Antithyroid medications to suppress the production of thyroid hormones.
• Radioactive iodine therapy
Thyroidectomy : Removal of the part or entire thyroid gland
• Promote adequate rest (back rubs, hot milk)
• Encourage short walk, rest between activity
• Promote good eye care (dark glass)
• Facilitate improved coping.
• Enhance client knowledge about hyperthyrodism
• Iodized salt.
• Vitamins or supplements that contain iodine
• Milk or other dairy products including ice cream, cheese, yogurt and butter.
• Seafood including fish, shellfish.
• Herbal supplements.
• Non-iodized salt.
• Coffee or tea (without milk or dairy- or soy-based creamers)
• Egg whites.
• Fresh or canned fruit.
• Unsalted nuts and nut butters.
• Breads made without salt, dairy, and eggs.
• Popcorn with non-iodized salt.
• Congestive heart failure.
• Sudden cardiac arrest.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.