Answer the following questions:
1. Write a short note on anamolous properties of the first element of p-block.
2. Describe briefly allotropism in p- block elements with specific reference to carbon.
3. Boron does not react directly with hydrogen. Suggest one method to prepare diborane from BF3.
4. Give the uses of Borax.
5. What is catenation ? describe briefly the catenation property of carbon.
6. Write a note on Fisher tropsch synthesis.
7. Give the structure of CO and CO2.
8. Give the uses of silicones.
9. AlCl3 behaves like a lewis acid. Substantiate this statement.
10. Describe the structure of diborane.
11. Write a short note on hydroboration.
12. Give one example for each of the following
(i) icosogens (ii) tetragen (iii) prictogen (iv) chalcogen
13. Write a note on metallic nature of p-block elements.
14. Complete the following reactions
a. B ( OH)3 +NH3 →
b. Na2B4O7 + H2SO4 + H2O →
c. B2H6 + 2NaOH + 2H2O →
d. B2H6 + CH3OH →
e. BF3 + 9 H2O →
f . HCOOH + H2SO4 →
g . SiCl4 + NH3 →
h. SiCl4 + C2H5OH →
i. B + NaOH →
j. H2B4O7 Red hot→
15. How will you identify borate radical?
16. Write a note on zeolites.
17. How will you convert boric acid to boron nitride?
18. A hydride of 2nd period alkali metal (A) on reaction with compound of Boron (B) to give a reducing agent (C). identify A , B and C.
19. A double salt which contains fourth period alkali metal (A) on heating at 500K gives (B). aqueous solution of (B) gives white precipitate with BaCl2 and gives a red colour compound with alizarin. Identify A and B.
20. CO is a reducing agent . justify with an example.
Copyright © 2018-2021 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. (BS) Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.