Morphology and Taxonomy of Angiosperm
1. Which of the following is polycarpic plant?
2. Roots are
a. Descending, negatively geotropic, positively phototropic
b. Descending, positively geotropic, negatively phototropic
c. Ascending, positively geotropic, negatively phototropic
d. Ascending, negatively geotropic, positively phototropic
3. Bryophyllum and Dioscorea are example for
a. Foliar bud, apical bud
b. Foliar bud, cauline bud
c. Cauline bud, apical bud
d. Cauline bud, foliar bud
4. Which of the following is correct statement?
a. In Pisum sativum leaflets modified into tendrils
b. In Atalantia terminal bud is modified into thorns
c. In Nepenthes midrib is modified into lid
d. In Smilax inflorescence axis is modified into tendrils
5. Select the mismatch pair
a. Sagittaria - Heterophylly
b. Lablab - Trifoliolate
c. Begonia - Leaf mosaic
d. Allamanda - Ternate phyllotaxy
6. Draw and label the parts of regions of root.
7. Write the similarities and differences between
i. Avicennia and Trapa
ii. Radical buds and foliar buds
iii. Phylloclade and cladode
8. ow root climbers differ from stem climbers?
9. Compare sympodial branching with monopodial branching.
10. Differentiate pinnate unicostate with palmate multicostate venation