1. Vexillary aestivation is characteristic of the family
2. Gynoecium with united carples is termed as
d. None of the above
3. Aggregate fruit develops from
a. Multicarpellary, apocarpous ovary
b. Multicarpellary, syncarpous ovary
c. Multicarpellary ovary
d. Whole inflorescence
4. In an inflorescence where flowers are borne laterally in an acropetal succession the position of the youngest floral bud shall be
5. A true fruit is the one where
a. Only ovary of the flower develops into fruit
b. Ovary and calyx of the flower develops into fruit
c. Overy, calyx and thalamus of the flower develops into fruit
d. All floral whorls of the flower develops into fruit
6. Find out the floral formula for a bisexual flower with bract, regular, pentamerous, distinct calyx and corolla, superior ovary without bracteole.
7. Give the technical terms for the following: -
a. A sterile stamen
b. Stamens are united in one bunch
c. Stamens are attached to the petals
8. Explain the different types of placentation with example.
9. Differenciate between aggregate fruit with multiple fruit.
10. Explain the different types of fleshy fruit with suitable example.