![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Reproductive Morphology of Angiosperm
Answer the following questions
6. Find out the floral formula for a bisexual flower with bract, regular, pentamerous, distinct calyx and corolla, superior ovary without bracteole.
Br, ebrl, , k(5), C(5), A5,G(5).
7. Give the technical terms for the following: -
a. A sterile stamen _______ Answer: staminode
b. Stamens are united in one bunch ________ Answer: monodelphous
c. Stamens are attached to the petals
8. Explain the different types of placentation with example.
The mode of distribution of placenta inside the ovary
It is with the placentae along the marging of a unicarpellate ovary.
Example – Fabaceae.
The placentae arises from the column in a compound ovary with septa.
Example: Hibiscus, tomato lemon
Ovules arise from the surface of the septa. Example: Nymphaeceae
It is the placentae on the ovary walls or upon intruding partitions of a unilocular, compound Ovary.
Example : Mustard, Argemone, cucumber.
It is with placentae along the column in a compound ovary without septa.
Example: Caryophyllaceae, Dianthus, Primrose
It is the placenta at the base of the ovary.
Example : Sunflower(asrteraceae) Marigold
9. Differenciate between aggregate fruit with multiple fruit.
* develops from single flower with apocarpous pistil
* Each carpel develops into a simple fruitlets
* A collection of simple fruit lets- aggregate fruit
* Types- based on the single fruit type
Aggregate of berries - Eg. Annona polyalthia
Aggregate of drupes - Eg. Raspberry
Aggregate of achenes - Eg. Strawberry, elematis
Aggregate of follicles - Eg. Calotropis magnolia
Whole inflorescence develop into a fruit
a. Sorosis - A spake or spadix _ inflorescence develop into a fruit perianth is edible fruit
Eg. Jack fruit
A flowers in an inflorescence into a single mass called infructescence
b. Syeonus - hypanthodeum inflorescence develop into fruit. The receptaele encloses many achenes developing from female flower of hypanthodium. Eg.fieus
10. Explain the different types of fleshy fruit with suitable example.
Definition - fleshy fruit derived from single pistil pericarp is fleshy differentiated into epicarp-mesocarp & endocarp
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.