![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Functions of Fruit
1. Edible part of the fruit is a source of food, energy for animals.
2. They are source of many chemicals like sugar, pectin, organic acids, vitamins and minerals.
3. The fruit protects the seeds from unfavourable climatic conditions and animals.
4. Both fleshy and dry fruits help in the dispersal of seeds to distant places.
5. In certain cases, fruit may provide nutrition to the developing seedling.
6. Fruits provide source of medicine to humans.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.