FACTORS INFLUENZING STERILIZATION BY HEAT
1. The temperature and time: they are inversely related, shorter time is sufficient at high temperatures.
2. Number of microorganisms and spores: The number of survi-vors diminished exponentially with the duration of heating
3. Depends on the species, strains and spore forming ability of the microbes.
4. Thermal death point is the lowest temperature to give com-plete killing in aqueous suspension within 10 minutes
5. Depends on the nature of material: a high content of organic substances generally tends to protect spores and vegetative organisms against heat.
6. Presenceganicdisinfectantsoforganic orfacilitatesinor kill-ing by heat
7. pH also plays an important role in the killing of microorgan-isms