![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Definition - Swine flu which is called pig flu. Swine flu caused by swine influenza virus.
Causative Organism - influenza virus subtypes H1N1, H1N2,
H3N1 and H3H2
Influenza virus can be directly transmitted from pigs to people.
Incubation Period - Within 7 days.
· Adequate amount of sleep and supply nutritious food.
· Consider taking multivitamins and vitamin C supplement.
· Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
· Avoid close contact or stay away from sick people.
· Avoid sharing drinks or utensils.
· Avoid touching your face.
· Wear a face mask as directed by physcian.
· Stay updated and avoid travelling to affected areas.
· Meat to be inspected and certified
· Health education
· Adequate sewage treatment and disposal
· Early detection and early treatment
Through cooking of beef and pork is the most effective method to prevent food borne infection.
· Vaccination is the best protection against contracting the infection.
· Antiviral drugs can be used for prevention or treatment of flu viruses.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.