Points to remember
● Desktop publishing (abbreviated DTP) is the
creation of page layouts for documents using DTP software.
● Some of the popular DTP software are Adobe PageMaker, Adobe InDesign,
● Adobe PageMaker is a page layout software. It is
used to design and produce documents that can be printed.
● The area outside of the dark border is referred
to as the pasteboard.
● Editing means making changes to the text. When
you edit a document, you revise the text.
● A text block contains text you type, paste, or
import. You cannot see the borders of a text block until you select it with the
● A Text block can be connected to other text block
so that the text in one text block can flow into another text block. Text
blocks that are connected in this way are threaded.
● The process of connecting text among text blocks
is called threading text.
● Text that flows through one or more threaded
blocks is called a story.
● Any text or object that you place on the master
page will appear on all the document pages to which the master is applied.
● Master Pages commonly contain repeating logos,
page numbers, headers, and footers.
● A master item cannot be selected on a document