![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Formatting a Document
Formatting is the process of changing the general arrangement of text, i.e., improving the appearance of the text by using various fonts, font colors, and font styles. A font is a set of letters, numbers or symbols in a certain style. Each font looks different from other fonts.
Character formatting means displaying text in a certain way. Character formatting consists of text properties - bold, italic, underline, font type, font size, font color, etc. Refer Figure 2.33, 2.34 and 2.35
The steps to apply character formatting to text are as follows :
1. Select the text to be formatted.
2. Choose Type > Character in menu bar (or) Press Ctrl + T on the keyboard.
The Character Specifications dialog box appears
3. Make the appropriate changes in the dialog box.
• Click the drop-down menu arrow of the Font box and select the desired font.
• Click the drop-down menu arrow of the Font Size box and select the font size.
• Click the drop-down menu arrow of the Font Color box and select the desired color.
• Click the Bold, Italic, or Underline buttons to make the text bold, italic, or underlined respectively.
4. Click on OK.
The Control Palette is especially useful when you are doing lot of formatting.
Its features change based on the object that is selected on your layout.
If the Control palette is not showing then use the following steps:
1. Click on Window > Show Control Palette sequence in the menu bar. (or)
2. Press Ctrl + ‘ in the keyboard.
Now the Control Palette appears on the window.
To modify character attributes using the Character Control Palette:
1. Select the text you want to modify.
2. Make the appropriate changes in the Control palette. Refer Figure 2.34
You can change the colour of the text. Your design may look beautiful if you choose a text colour other than black.
To colour characters
1. Select the text you want to colour.
2. Choose Window > Show Colors in Menu bar. The Colors palette appears. Refer Figure 2.36
Click the colour you want to apply to the selected text.
The characters change to the colour you selected in the palette.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.