Placing Text in a Frame
You can also use frames to hold text in place of using text blocks. Refer Figure 2.26
To place text in a Frame
1. Click on any one Frame tool from the Toolbox.
2. Draw a frame with one of PageMaker’s Frame tools (Rectangle frame tool or Ellipse Frame Tool or Polygon frame Tool). Make sure the object remains selected.
3. Click on File > Place. The Place dialog box will appears.
4. Locate the document that contains the text you want to place, select it.
5. Click on Open.
6. Click inside the frame to place the text in it.
The text will be placed in the frame.
A single frame may not be large enough to hold an entire story when you are using a large amount of text, you can link frames together so that an entire story is visible.
To link Frames containing text
1. Draw a second frame with the Frame tool of your choice.
2. Click the first frame to select it.
3. Click on the red triangle to load the text icon.
4. Click the second frame. PageMaker flows the text into the second frame.
After created text in a text block, if you want to convert it to a frame. You can do this by using these steps.
1. Draw the frame of your choice using one of the PageMaker’s Frame tool.
2. Select the text block you want to insert in the frame.
3. Click the frame while pressing the Shift key. Now both elements will be selected.
4. Choose Element > Frame > Attach Content on the Menu bar.
5. Now the text appears in the frame. Refer Figure 2.28
Once text has been attached to a frame or flowed inside it, you can separate the text and frame.
To separate text from a frame
1. Click the frame with the Pointer tool.
2. Choose Element > Frame > Delete Content in the menu bar. The text will not appear in the frame.