How To Stitch Slack Shirt Dress
This can be worn by all age groups. Sleeve length starts from shoulder point to cuff. In the end of the sleeve there is a cuff and opening. The neck band collar is attached and then the left side is stitched with a pocket. The slack shirt gives fit and comfortness for the wearer.
Cotton, silk, polyester, terene and spun.
The required material for the slack shirt is thrice the length of the gar-ment and 8" only.
length = 22" Chest circumference = 24"
Back Width = 10" Upper arm = 10"
Sleeve length = 15" Yoke length = 3"
AB=CD = length + � fold allowance
AC = BD �' part of chest circumference + �" for ease
A1, A = open fold width
A1, B1 = Open fold length
AE = Front neck depth 2" 5
AF = Neck line width 2" 5
AG = � part of shoulder width
GH = � part Upper arm circumference
HD = Divide equally and name it as I.
IT = �", DK=I"
SG = lengthwise
A1, E,FGHJKB, B1 = Front part
ABCD = length + �' fold allowance
AC = BD chest circumference + �" ease
CE = Shoulder � part back width
EF = Armhole
FB = Divide equally and name it as G
GH = � Divide equally and name it as G
FHB = Side seam
SG = lengthwise
CEFGBD = back part
Due to the yoke attachment in back part of the shirt, there should be less
than 1" in back side than in the front part.
ABCD = Yoke length 3" AC, BD = Yoke width + �' for ease
AC = � part Yoke width CE = Back neck depth 1"
CF = Neck width 2" FC = shoulder part
AB = Sleeve length
AC = � part Upper arm circumference + �" part
CE = 3"
AE = Armscye circumference
AE = Armscye depth
DF = 2"
EF = Sleeve side seam
BB1 FF1 = Cuff length (2 folds)
B1, F1 = Wrist circumference
ABCD = Collar length
AE = �" DF = 1"
ECFB = Collar part
BG, DH = Neck band length
BD, GH = � of neck circumference
DI = �'
Front part pieces = 2
Back part piece = 1
Yoke part = 2
Sleeve part = 2
Collar, neck band = 2+2
Pocket = 1
1. According to the pattern, front and back, yoke and sleeve, collar and pocket patterns and cuttings should be kept readly.
2. Attach yoke to the back part.
3. Then join the shoulder seams.
4. Attach pocket to the left side.
5. Join the side seams.
6. Finish sleeve hems make continuous open placket or mitter placket and stitch suitable cuff with double cloth and stitch.
7. Attach the sleeves to the shoulder lines armhole and finish side seams and hem line.
8. Fold bottom and stitch
9. Prepare neckband collar and attach collar to the neck line following the instructions for applying convertible collar.
10. Complete button and button holes.
11. Iron and fold the shirt neatly.