How To Stitch Kameez Dress
Kameez is the garment worn by Indian women from olden days. Salwar kameez is designed according to the latest trend and is an important wear used by ladies. This garment is a comfortable wear and looks very beautiful. The long loose, comfortable top is called 'kameez' is derived from latin word 'Kameezia.'
Cotton, muslin, silk, fancy materials are best suited.
Twice the length of the dress + sleeve length
Length = 30"
Chest circumference = 26"
Upper arm circumference =10"
Shoulder width = 9"
Waist circumference = 20"
Sleeve length = 6"
ABCD is a rectangle.
AB = CD = length + fold �'
AC = BD = � chest circumference + �' for ease
CE = front neck depth = 3"
AF = neck width = 2"
AG = � shoulder width
GH = � upper arm circumference
HI = � chest circumference
IJ = 1" IK = � chest circumference
D-Dl = 2"
H,J,K Dl - side line seam
EFGHJKL,D1,DBE front part.
SG= length wise
GH - front arm hole
ABCD is a rectangle AB = CD = length + fold
AC = BD = � chest circumference + �" for ease AE = back neck depth 1�"
AF = neck width 2"
AG = � shoulder width
GH = � upper arm circumference HI = � chest circumference
IK = � chest circumference IJ = 1"
HJK - D1 side line seam Dl-L= 1"
EFGHJKLDBE = back part SG = Lengthwise
AB = CD sleeve length + fold 1"
AC = BD = � upper arm circumference + �' for ease CE = 2"
FB = Front arm circumference
EF = side line seam
AE = curve line arm hole
AEFBA = sleeve part
Back part piece - 1
Front part pieces - 2
Sleeve part pieces - 2
Placket, neck line pieces - as required.
1. Use pattern and cut the parts of the dress from the fabric.
2. Join shoulders of front & back parts.
3. In the front and back parts stitch Vz darts.
4. In the slit opening placket attach facing and binding pieces.
5. Join the side line seams.
6. In the waist 1�" waist belt should be stitched.
1. Do the hemming at the bottom sleeve edge.
2. Join side line seams of the sleeve.
3. Attach the prepared sleeve to the body part.
4. Finish the neck line with cross piece or else do the piping.
5. As shown in the figure stitch KL as the opening.
6. Finished dress is pressed and ironed.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.