![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Generally this dress is mostly preferred by North Indian males. Now-a-days this dress is worn by South Indian Males on festivals, occasions and normal days. This garment is constructed in white, yellow, sandal light mate-rials in which embroidery work is done.
Suitable materials: Silk, polyester, linen, etc. Soft materials like are best suited.
Twice dress length + sleeve length, Additionally for others 8" of fabric is needed.
Measurements for 4 to 5 years old boy
Length = 19"
Chest circumference = 26" Sleeve length = 15" Upper arm length =10"
2" lengthy wide guesset (or kali) piece
ABCD is a rectangle
AB = CD = length + bottom fold 1"
AE = neck width 2"
AF = back neck depth 1W
AG = front neck depth 3"
AC = � shoulder width
CH = � upper arm length
ABCD = side joining piece
AC= 1�" BD = 3"
AB = sleeve length + 1" fold
AC = � upper arm length
DE = �'
CE = Sleeve side line
BE = front arm circumference.
Joint side seam, attach sleeve to body. Then attach gusset or Kali piece to the arm hole and stitch. On the left side of the garment pocket should be stitched.
Back part piece - 1
Front part piece - 1
Sleeve pieces - 2
Side join pieces - 4
To stitch a continuous placket in the front - a piece
Neck line piece - cross pieces
1. According to the pattern, leave seam allowances and cut the fabric.
2. Stitch run and fell seam on the shoulder of front & back parts.
3. Side line joints should be attached to the sleeve as shown in the figure.
4. Attach with the body.
5. Fold the gusset or kali piece and keep it on the arm hole and stitch it.
6. On the front neck portion cut open a miter placket or continuous placket and stitch.
7. Finish the neckline, using a cross piece.
8. Bottom edges of sleeves and body should be folded and stitched.
9. When stitching the side seams open 2" must be stitched.
10. The garment is pressed and ironed.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.