Coordination and Integration
generation – Alternation of haploid sexual and diploid asexual
generation in the life cycle of an animal.
- Breaking of a body part.
- Animals in which male and female reproductive organs occur in separate
– condition characterised by lower blood pH, due to the increase of keto acids
– Cyclic adenosine mono phosphate acts as a second messenger (intracellular
messenger) in the case of peptide hormone.
– Naturally occurring amines that function as neurotransmitters. They are
characterised by catechol group in which an amine group is attached. Example
– It is a collection of special structures located in the middle of the brain.
It is also known as paleomammalian brain. It control emotions, behaviour,
motivation of long term memory and olfaction.
– Melanin (black pigment) containing cells.