![if !IE]> <![endif]>
1) Consider the following reaction
Fe3+(aq) + SCN–(aq) ⇌ [Fe(SCN)]2+(aq)
A solution is made with initial Fe3+, SCN- concentration of 1 x 10-3M and 8 x 10-4 M respectively. At equilibrium [Fe(SCN)]2+ concentration is 2 x 10-4M. Calculate the value of equilibrium constant.
2) The atmospheric oxidation of NO
2NO(g) + O2(g) ⇌ 2NO2(g)
was studied with initial pressure of 1 atm of NO and 1 atm of O2. At equilibrium, partial pressure of oxygen is 0.52 atm calculate Kp of the reaction.
3) The following water gas shift reaction is an important industrial process for the production of hydrogen gas.
CO(g) + H2O(g) ⇌ CO2(g) + H2(g)
At a given temperature Kp = 2.7. If 0.13 mol of CO, 0.56 mol of water, 0.78 mol of CO2 and and 0.28 mol of H2 are introduced into a 2 L flask, and find out in which direction must the reaction proceed to reach equilibrium
CO(g) + H2O(g) ⇌ CO2 (g) + H2(g)
Given KP = 2.7
[CO] = 0.13, [H2O] = 0.56
[CO2] = 0.78 ; [H2] = 0.28
V = 2L
KP = KC (RT)
2.7 = KC (RT)º
KC = 2.7
Q = 3
Q > KC, Hence the reaction proceed in the reverse direction.
4) 1 mol of PCl5, kept in a closed container of volume 1 dm3 and was allowed to attain equilibrium at 423 K. Calculate the equilibrium composition of reaction mixture. (The Kc value for PCl5 dissociation at 423 K is 2)
5) The equilibrium constant for the following reaction is 0.15 at 298 K and 1 atm pressure.
N2O4(g) ⇌ 2NO2(g);
ΔHºf = 57.32 KJmol-1
The reaction conditions are altered as follows.
a) The reaction temperature is altered to 100o C keeping the pressure at 1 atm,
Calculate the equilibrium constant.
N2O4(g) ⇌ 2NO2(g)
T1 = 298 K
KP1 = 0.15
T2 = 100º C = 100 + 273 = 373 K ;
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.