1. Differentiating electron eneters in 4f orbital
2. Binding energy of 4f orbitals are higher
3. They show less tendency to form complexes
4. Most of the lanthanoids are colourless
5. They do not form oxo cations
6. Besides +3 oxidation states lanthanoids show +2 and +4 oxidation states in few cases.
1. Differentiating electron eneters in 5f orbital
2. Binding energy of 5f orbitals are lower
3. They show greater tendency to form complexes
4. Most of the actinoids are coloured. For example U3+ (red), U4+ (green) , UO22+ (yellow)
5. They do form oxo cations such as UO2+2 NpO2+2 , etc
6. Besides +3 oxidation states actinoids show higher oxidation states such as +4, +5, +6 and +7.
Copyright © 2018-2021 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. (BS) Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.