Plant Physiology (Functional Organisation)
1. The number of ATP molecules formed by complete oxidation of one molecule of pyruvic acid is
2. During oxidation of two molecules of cytosolic NADH + H+, number of ATP
molecules produced in plants are
3. The compound which links glycolysis and Krebs cycle is
a. succinic acid
b. pyruvic acid
c. acetyl CoA
d. citric acid
4. Assertion (A): Oxidative phosphorylation takes place during the electron transport chain in mitochondria.
Reason (R): Succinyl CoA is phosphorylated into succinic acid by substrate phosphorylation.
a. A and R is correct. R is correct explanation of A
b. A and R is correct but R is not the correct explanation of A
c. A is correct but R is wrong
d. A and R is wrong.
5. Which of the following reaction is not involved in Krebs cycle.
a. Shifting of phosphate from 3C to 2C
b. Splitting of Fructose 1,6 bisphosphate of into two molecules 3C compounds.
c. Dephosphorylation from the substrates
d. All of these