26. Classify the following compounds in the form of alkyl, allylic, vinyl, benzylic halides
i. CH3 – CH = CH – Cl
iv. CH2 = CH – Cl
27. Why chlorination of methane is not possible in dark?
28. How will you prepare n propyl iodide from n-propyl bromide?
29. Which alkyl halide from the following pair is i) chiral ii) undergoes faster SN2 reaction?
30. How does chlorobenzene react with sodium in the presence of ether? What is the name of the reaction?
31. Give reasons for polarity of C-X bond in halo alkane.
32. Why is it necessary to avoid even traces of moisture during the use of Grignard reagent?
33. What happens when acetyl chloride is treated with excess of CH3MgI?
34. Arrange the following alkyl halide in increasing order of
bond enthalpy of RX
CH3Br, CH3F, CH3Cl, CH3I
35. What happens when chloroform reacts with oxygen in the presence of sunlight?
36. Write down the possible isomers of C5H11Br and give their IUPAC and common names.
37. Mention any three methods of preparation of haloalkanes from alcohols.
38. Compare SN1 and SN2 reaction mechanisms.
39. Reagents and the conditions used in the reactions are given below. Complete the table by writing down the product and the name of the reaction.
40. Discuss the aromatic nucleophilic substitutions reaction of chlorobenzene.
41. Account for the following
i. t-butyl chloride reacts with aqueous KOH by SN1 mechanism while n-butyl chloride reacts with SN2 mechanism.
ii. p-dichloro benzene has higher melting point than those of o-and m-dichloro benzene.
42. In an experiment ethyliodide in ether is allowed to stand over magnesium pieces. Magnesium dissolves and product is formed
a) Name the product and write the equation for the reaction.
b) Why all the reagents used in the reaction should be dry? Explain
c) How is acetone prepared from the product obtained in the experiment.
43. Write a chemical reaction useful to prepare the following:
i) Freon-12 from Carbon tetrachloride
ii) Carbon tetrachloride from carbon disulphide
44. What are Freons? Discuss their uses and environmental effects
45. Predictthe products when bromoethane is treated with the following
46. Explain the mechanism of SN1 reaction by highlighting the stereochemistry behind it
47. Write short notes on the the following
i. Raschig process
ii. Dows Process
iii. Darzens process
48. Starting from CH3MgI, How will you prepare the following?
i. Acetic acid
iii. Ethyl acetate
iv. Iso propyl alcohol
v. Methyl cyanide
49. Complete the following reactions
50. Explain the preparation of the following compounds
51. An organic compound (A) with molecular formula C2H5Cl reacts with KOH gives compounds (B) and with alcoholic KOH gives compound (C). Identify (A),(B), and (C)
52. Simplest alkene (A) reacts with HCl to form compound (B).Compound (B) reacts with ammonia to form compound (C) of molecular formula C2H7N.Compound (C) undergoes carbylamine test. Identify (A), (B), and (C).
53. A hydrocarbon C3H6 (A) reacts with HBr to form compound (B). Compound (B) reacts with aqueous potassium hydroxide to give (C) of molecular formula C3H6O.what are (A) (B) and (C). Explain the reactions.
54. Two isomers (A) and (B) have the same molecular formula C2H4Cl2. Compound (A) reacts with aqueous KOH gives compound (C) of molecular formula C2H4O. Compound (B) reacts with aqueous KOH gives compound (D) of molecular formula C2H6O2. Identify (A),(B),(C) and (D).
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.