Working with pages
The main purpose of PageMaker is composing pages. You can insert new pages into a document, remove existing pages, move between pages, and sort pages in a large document.
PageMaker provides several methods for navigating the pages in your publication.
You can move from one page to another by using the Page up and Page down keys on your keyboard. This is probably the navigation methods you will use most often.
You can move from one page to another by using the page icons at the left bottom of the screen. Click on the page icon that corresponds to the page that you want to view. The page is displayed.
Using the Go to Page dialog box. Refer Figure 1.52 and 1.53
To go to a specific page in a document
1. Choose Layout > Go to Page in the menu bar (or) Press Alt + Ctrl + G in the keyboard.
Now the Go to Page dialog box appears.
2. In the dialog box, type the page number that you want to view.
3. Then click on OK button. The required page is displayed on the screen.
You can add more pages to a document. You can insert pages before, after, or between the pages you’re currently viewing. When you insert pages, PageMaker automatically renumbers the pages in your publication.
To insert pages
1. Go to the page immediately before the page you want to insert.
2. Choose Layout > Insert Pages in the menu bar.
The Insert Pages dialog box appears.
3. Type the number of pages you want to insert.
4. To insert pages after the current page, choose ‘after’ from the pop-up menu.
5. Click on Insert.
6. The new pages are inserted in your publication.
You can remove the unused pages from your document with a Remove Pages dialog box.
1. Choose Layout > Remove Pages in the menu bar. The Remove Pages dialog box appears.
2. Type the page range you want to remove.
3. Click on OK button.