![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Saving, Closing and Opening Documents
The below section explains about various operations with the documents.
You can save your document for future use. Saving a document allows you to review later and edit the document. Saved file can be used on other computer also.
To save a document for a first time following steps are used:
1. (a) Choose File > Save in the menu bar. (or)
Click on the Save icon ( ) in the Tool bar. (or)
Press Ctrl + S in the Keyboard.
A Save Publication dialog box as shown in the Figure 1.29 appears on the screen.
2. The file name is given in the File name list box.
3. Then click on the Save button to save the document. The document is now saved and a file name appears in the title bar.
Once a file is saved under a name, to save it again the name need not be entered again. The file can be saved simply by selecting the File > Save command or by clicking the Save button (or) clicking Ctrl + S in the keyboard.
You can save a document with a new name or in a different location using Save AS command. Save AS command creates a new copy of the document. So, two versions of the document exist. The versions are completely separate, and the work you do on one document has no effect on the other.
To save a document with a new name or in a different location:
1. Choose File > Save As in the menu bar. (or) Press Shift + Ctrl + S in the keyboard.
Now Save Publication dialog box will appear. Refer Figure 1.30
2. Type a new name or specify a new location.
3. Click on the Save button.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.