Text in a Frame
You can also use frames to hold text in place of
using text blocks. Refer Figure 1.26
To place text in a Frame
1. Click on one of a Frame tool from the
2. Draw a frame with one of PageMaker’s Frame
tools (Rectangle frame tool or Ellipse Frame Tool or Polygon frame Tool). Make
sure the object remains selected.
3. Click on File. The File menu will
4. Click on Place. The Place dialog box
5. Locate the document that contains the text
you want to place, select it.
6. Click on Open.
7. Click in a frame to place the text in it.
The text will be placed in the frame.
A single frame may not be large enough to hold
an entire story when you are using a large amount of text, you can link frames
together so that an entire story is visible.
To link Frames containing text
1. Draw a second frame with the Frame tool
of your choice.
2. Click the first frame to select it.
3. Click on the red triangle to load the
4. Click the second frame. PageMaker flows
the text into the second frame.
After created text in a text block, if you want to convert it to a frame. You can do this by using these steps.
1. Draw the frame of your choice using one
of the PageMaker’s Frame tool.
2. Select the text block you want to insert in the
3. Click the frame while pressing the Shift key.
Now both elements will be selected.
4. Choose Element > Frame > Attach Content
on the Menu bar.
5. Now the text appears in the frame. Refer Figure 1.28
Once text has been attached to a frame or flowed
inside it, you can separate the text and frame.
To separate text from a frame
1. Click the frame with the Pointer tool.
2. Choose Element > Frame > Delete Content
in the menu bar. The text will not appear in the frame.