![if !IE]> <![endif]>
1. Wet grinder works on electricity with the principle of diminishing manual work. It reduces time and energy. Electrically operated wet grinders for both commercial establishment and homes are now available in the market. Though expensive, these take the drudgery out of such chores. The commonest types used for wet grinding are Tilting model
2. Table top model
1. Wet grinder is a mechanical device used for grinding large quantities of chutneys or preparing the batter for idli, dosa and vadas.
1. In the ordinary type, lifting and cleaning the grinding stone poses a problem because of heavy weight.
2. Since the grinding vessel is uncovered, it may harbour household pests like cockroaches and get deposited with dust.
3. In the tilting model, it takes a longer time to grind because the stone is light in weight. There is a possibility of water getting into grinder machine through an outer opening around the grinding vessel. As a result it may cause damage to the inner parts due to rust formation.
1. Overloading of wet-grinder should be avoided to prevent overheating of motor.
2. It should not be used in a low-voltage situation. Low- voltage may cause the motor to run slowly and eventually overheat it.
3. It should be thoroughly cleaned and dried after use to prevent bad odour.
4. The equipment should be covered when not in use.
5. The equipment should be used according to the manufacturer's direction.
Labour Saving Devices
Changes in social and economic conditions in the last few years have resulted in changed responsibilities for both the gainfully employed and full time homemaker. Normally the homemakers spend much of their time in the kitchen. It will be helpful if they can save steps, energy, money and time in several ways in the kitchen. Labour saving devices both electrical and non-electrical are increasingly utilized by the homemaker at present. These tools and appliances have become part and parcel of the houses because of the comforts they yield. Adjusting the homemakers workload at home and outside the home necessitates the use of tools and appliances for carrying out the household activities.
Labour saving devices are the tools and appliances used to save both time and energy of the homemaker.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.