ADVANTAGES OF DSP OVER ASP
1. Physical size of analog systems is quite large while digital processors are more compact and light in weight.
2. Analog systems are less accurate because of component tolerance ex R, L, C and active components. Digital components are less sensitive to the environmental changes, noise and disturbances.
3. Digital system is most flexible as software programs & control programs can be easily modified.
4. Digital signal can be stores on digital hard disk, floppy disk or magnetic tapes. Hence becomes transportable. Thus easy and lasting storage capacity.
5. Digital processing can be done offline.
6. Mathematical signal processing algorithm can be routinely implemented on digital signal processing systems. Digital controllers are capable of performing complex computation with constant accuracy at high speed.
7. Digital signal processing systems are upgradeable since that are software controlled.
8. Possibility of sharing DSP processor between several tasks.
9. The cost of microprocessors, controllers and DSP processors are continuously going down. For some complex control functions, it is not practically feasible to construct analog controllers.
10. Single chip microprocessors, controllers and DSP processors are more versatile and powerful.
Disadvantages of DSP over ASP
1. Additional complexity (A/D & D/A Converters)
2. Limit in frequency. High speed AD converters are difficult to achieve in practice. In high frequency applications DSP are not preferred.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.