![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Select, Move and Copy text
In any word processor, the text has to be selected for performing any operation like copying, moving, formatting etc. This text selection can be done by two methods:
i. Selecting the continuous text.
ii. Selecting the non continuous text.
Selecting the continuous text - To select the text continously take the insertion pointer to the starting of the text.
· hold the SHIFT key and drag the mouse across until the required text is selected and then release the SHIFT key.
· The selected text can be used for any operation.
Selecting the non continuous text. - To select the text not continuously, take the insertion pointer to the starting of the text,
· hold the CTRL key and drag across it till the required text is selected and release the CTRL key
· The required text is selected for any operation
To select the text using mouse:
i. Take the insertion pointer to the start of the text
ii. Hold down the Leftmouse button and drag it across the text
iii. Release the mouse button when the required portion of text is selected
iv. The selected text will be highlighted.
To select the text using keyboard:
i) Take the insertion pointer to the start of the text
ii) Hold the Shift key and use the movement keys to drag across the required portion.
iii) when the required portion is selected release the Shift key
iv) The selected text will be highlighted.
Shortcut keys help to select the text quickly and easily.
· To select a word - Double click on the word
· To select the entire document - Press
Ctrl + A
To move a text from one location to another
• Select the text to be moved
· The text is removed from the source location and placed in the clipboard
· Take the insertion pointer to the new location to be moved and
The required text is moved to the required location.
To copy a text from one location to another
· select the text to be copied
· A duplicate copy of the text is made and send to the clipboard
· Take the insertion pointer to the new location to be copied and
The required text is copied to the required location.
The Editing shortcut keys are as given in Table 6.3
When you move or copy information, the paste option is used to send the information as a whole. But, to move or copy only some aspects of the data, like only its formatting or only value, the Paste Special option is used.
To use the paste special, select the text and apply move or copy, then at the destination location,
· Click Edit -> Paste Special (or) press Ctrl+Shift+V, or Alt+E+S the Paste Special dialog box opens as displayed on Figure 6.17.
· The Paste Special menu varies depending upon the origin and formatting of the text (or object) to be pasted.
· Select DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange) link from the Paste special dialog box.
· Select the type of applicatin and click on the OK button.
· The copied data is pasted into the document with a link.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.