![if !IE]> <![endif]>
A table is a grid with a specified number of rows and columns. Tables can often be used as an alternative to spreadsheet to organize materials. A well-designed table can help readers understand better what you are trying to convey.
To insert a new table, position the insertion pointer where you want the table to appear, then use any of the following methods to open the Insert Table dialog box as shown in Figure 6.36.
There are two methods to create a table :
To insert a table quickly from the standard tool bar:
· Place the insertion pointer where you want the table to appear.
· Click the arrow to the right side of the Table icon
· In the drop down grid, select the number of rows and columns for the table.
· The table will appear at the location of your insertion pointer.
To insert a table with more control over the settings and properties, use the Insert Table dialog box.
To open the dialog box: Select Table -> Insert ->Table or Ctrl +F12 or left-click the Table icon. From this dialog box, you can:
· Select the number of rows and columns of the table
· Give a Name to the table to later distinguish it in the Navigator
· Select the Heading option to define the first row in the table as the heading
· Select the Repeat heading option to repeat the heading row if the table spans more than one page
· Select the Don't split table option to prevent the table from spanning more than one page
· Select the Border option to surround each cell of the table with a border
The AutoFormat button at the bottom of the dialog box opens the AutoFormat dialog box as shown in Figure 6.37.
From here, it is possible to choose among different predefined formats.
If none of the predefined auto formats have the desired characteristics for your table, you can tune the format of the table or a particular cell with the contextual Table toolbar. Open the toolbar by placing the insertion pointer inside a table cell or select View -> Toolbars -> Table. This will bring the table formatting toolbar which helps to format the table in the desired format.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.