Inserting Columns, Rows and Cells
In Calc, Columns, rows and cells can be inserted individually or in groups.
When you insert a new column, it is inserted to the left of the current column. The location of the cell pointer present, is the Current column. In Calc, you can insert a new column anywhere in the worksheet.
Step 1: Select the column where a new column should be inserted.
Step 2: Right-click on the selected column name that you selected. A pop-up menu appears.
Step 3: click the “Insert Columns” option from the menu.
Now, a new column will be inserted to the left of the current column.
A new column can also be inserted using Insert -> Columns command. (Refer Figure 7.32)
When you insert a new row, it is inserted above the current row. The location of the cell pointer present is the current row. In Calc, you can insert a new row anywhere in the worksheet.
Step 1: Select the row where a new row to be inserted.
Step 2: Right-click on the row number, a pop-up menu appears
Step 3: click “Insert Rows” option from the menu.
Now, a new row will be inserted to above the current row.
Insert -> Rows command is used to insert a new row. Refer Figure 7.35
· To insert a new cell between two existing cells, just right-click on any existing cell
· From the pop-up menu, select “Insert” option Figure 7.36 Insert cells
· The “Insert Cells” dialog box appear with four options
i) Shift cells down ii) Shift cells right iii) Entire row iv) Entire Column
· Any one of the four options is selected.
· Selecting “Shift cells down”, inserts a new cell in the present location and the existing cells are shifted downwards.
· Selecting “Shift cells right”, inserts a new cell in the present location and the existing cells are shifted towards right.
· Selecting the “Entire Row” or “Entire Column” option, inserts a new row or a new column.v
Multiple columns or rows can be inserted at once rather than inserting one at a time.
· Select multiple rows or columns for insertion.
· Follow steps as in 1 and 2
· Insert Cells floating toolbar is also used to insert cells, rows and columns
· Click View -> Toolbars -> Insert Cell
· A tiny floating toolbar appears on the screen with four icons. Using these icons, you can insert cells, rows and columns. Refer Figure 7.37