![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Biomolecules | Chemistry
Choose the correct answer:
1. Which one of the following rotates the plane polarized light towards left?
a) D(+) Glucose
(b) L(+) Glucose
(c) D(-) Fructose
d) D(+) Galactose
2. The correct corresponding order of names of four aldoses with configuration given below Respectively is,
a) L-Erythrose, L-Threose, L-Erythrose, D-Threose
b) D-Threose,D-Erythrose, L-Threose, L-Erythrose,
c) L-Erythrose, L-Threose, D-Erythrose, D-Threose
d) D-Erythrose, D-Threose, L-Erythrose, L-Threose
3. Which one given below is a non-reducing sugar?
4. Glucose ---(HCN)→ Product ---(hydrolysis)→ Product ---(HI + Heat)→ A, the compound A is
a) Heptanoic acid
5. Assertion: A solution of sucrose in water is dextrorotatory. But on hydrolysis in the presence of little hydrochloric acid, it becomes levorotatory.
Reason: Sucrose hydrolysis gives equal amounts of glucose and fructose. As a result of this change in sign of rotation is observed.
a) If both accretion and reason are true and reason is the correct explanation of assertion
b) If both assertion and reason are true but reason is not the correct explanation of assertion
c) If assertion is true but reason is false.
d) if both assertion and reason are false.
6. The central dogma of molecular genetics states that the genetic information flows from
a) Amino acids → Protein → DNA
b) DNA → Carbohydrates → Proteins
c) DNA → RNA → Proteins
d) DNA → RNA → Carbohydrates
7. In a protein, various amino acids linked together by
a) Peptide bond
b) Dative bond
c) α - Glycosidic bond
d) β - Glycosidic bond
8. Among the following the achiral amino acid is
9) The correct statement regarding RNA and DNA respectively is
a) the sugar component in RNA is an arabinos and the sugar component in DNA is ribose
b) the sugar component in RNA is 2’-deoxyribose and the sugar component in DNA is arabinose
c) the sugar component in RNA is an arabinose and the sugar component in DNA is 2’-deoxyribose
d) the sugar component in RNA is ribose and the sugar component in DNA is 2’-deoxyribose
10. In aqueous solution of amino acids mostly exists in,
11. Which one of the following is not produced by body?
12. The number of sp2 and sp3 hybridised carbon in fructose are respectively
a) 1 and 4
b) 4 and 2
c) 5 and 1
d) 1 and 5
13. Vitamin B2 is also known as
14. The pyrimidine bases present in DNA are
a) Cytosine and Adenine
b) Cytosine and Guanine
c) Cytosine and Thiamine
d) Cytosine and Uracil
15. Among the following L-serine is
16. The secondary structure of a protein refers to
a) fixed configuration of the polypeptide backbone
b) hydrophobic interaction
c) sequence of α-amino acids
d) α-helical backbone.
7. Which of the following vitamins is water soluble?
a) Vitamin E
b) Vitamin K
c) Vitamin A
d) Vitamin B
8. Complete hydrolysis of cellulose gives
9. Which of the following statement is not correct?
a) Ovalbumin is a simple food reserve in egg-white
b) Blood proteins thrombin and fibrinogen are involved in blood clotting
c) Denaturation makes protein more active
d) Insulin maintains the sugar level of in the human body.
20. Glucose is an aldose. Which one of the following reactions is not expected with glucose?
a) It does not form oxime
b) It does not react with Grignard reagent
c) It does not form osazones
d) It does not reduce tollens reagent
21. If one strand of the DNA has the sequence ‘ATGCTTGA’, then the sequence of complementary strand would be
22. Insulin, a hormone chemically is
23. α-D (+) Glucose and β-D (+) glucose are
d) Conformational isomers
24. Which of the following are epimers
a) D(+)-Glucose and D(+)-Galactose
b) D(+)-Glucose and D(+)-Mannose
c) Neither (a) nor (b)
d) Both (a) and (b)
25. Which of the following amino acids are achiral?
PTA Question Oneword
1. Which of the following is correct ?
a) Enzymes can be inhibited (Poisoned)
b) Catalytic activity of enzymes is decreased by coenzymes.
c) Enzyme catalysis is highly specific in nature
d) The rate of enzyme catalysed reactions varies with the pH of the system.
2. Which of the following statement is incorrect?
a) Nucleoside + phosphate → Nucleotide
b) Nucleoside + Base → Nucleotide
c) Sugar + Base → Nucleoside
d) n Nucleotide → Polynucleotide
3. Which one given below is a non reducing sugar?
4. Assertion : Thymine pairs with Adenine wheare as Cytosine pairs with Guanine in DNA molecule.
Reason: The hydrogen bonding between bases of two strands is highly specific.
a) Both assertion and reason are true and reason is the correct explanation of assertion.
b) Both assertion and reason are true but reason is not the correct explanation of assertion.
c) Assertion is true and reason is false
d) Both assertion and reason are false
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.