Trends in Economic Zoology
Choose the Correct Answers
1. Which one of the following is not related to vermiculture?
a. Maintains soil fertility
b. Breakdown of inorganic matter
c. Gives porosity, aeration and moister holding capacity
d. Degradation of non biodegradable solid waste
a. a and b is correct
b. c and d is correct
c. b and d is not correct
d. a and c is not correct
2. Which one of the following is not an endemic species of earthworm?
3. Match the following
1. Bombyx mori - a) Champa - I) Muga
2. Antheraea assamensis - b) Mulberry - II) Eri
3. Antheraea mylitta - c) Arjun - III)Tassar
4. Attacus ricini - d) Castor - IV) Mulberry
Select the correct one.
A) 1 – b – IV
B) 2 – a – I
C) 3 - c - III
D) 4 - d - II
All options are correct
4. Silk is obtained from ….
a. Laccifer lacca
b. Nosema bombycis
c. Attacus ricini
d. Attacus mylitta
5. Assertion: Nuptial flight is a unique flight taken the queen bee followed by several drones.
Reason: The queen bee produces a chemical substance called pheromone. The drones in that area are attracted to the pheromone and then mating takes place.
a. Assertion and reason is correct but not related
b. Assertion and reason is incorrect but related
c. Assertion and reason is correct but related
d. Assertion and reason is incorrect but not related
6. Rearing of honey bee is called
b. Lac culture
7. Which of the statement regarding Lac insect is TRUE?
a. A microscopic, resinous crawling scale insect
b. Inserts its proboscis into plant tissue suck juices and grows
c. Secretes lac from the hind end of body.
d. The male lac insect is responsible for large scale production of lac.
8. Aquaponics is a technique which is
a. A combination of aquaculture and fish culture
b. A combination of aquaculture and hydroponics
c. A combination of vermiculture and hydroponics
d. A combination of aquaculture and prawn culture.
9. Prawn belongs to the class
Q. Pearl oyster belongs to the Class
10. Inland fisheries are
a. deep sea fishing
b. capturing fishes from sea coast
c. Raising and capturing fishes in fresh water
d. oil extraction from fish
11. Induced breeding technique is used in
a. Marine fishery
b. Capture fishery
c. Culture fishery
d. Inland fishery
12. Isinglass is used in
b. Clearing of wines
c. Distillation of wines
d. Preservation of wines
Q. Assertion: The best quality of pearl is known as lingha pearl and obtained from marine oysters.
Reason: Nacre is secreted continuously by the epithelial layer of the mantle and deposited around the foreign particle
a. Assertion is true, Reason is false
b. Assertion and Reason are false
c. Assertion is false But Reason is true
d. Assertion and Reason are true
14. Choose the correctly matched pair
1. Egg layers – Brahma
2. Broiler types - Leghorn
3. Dual purpose – White Plymouth rock
4. Ornamental breeds – Silkie