CHARACTERISTICS OF SUCCESSFUL TEAMS :
2. Team Charter
3. Team Composition
5. Ground Rules
6. Clear Objectives
8.Well-Defined decision procedure
11.Effective Problem Solving
12. Open Communication
13. Appropriate Leadership
14. Balanced Participation
The effective team should have certain characteristics. These are :
1. Sponsor : In order to have effective liason with the quality council, there should be a sponsor. The sponsor is a person from the quality council, he is to provide support to the organization.
2. Team Charter : A team charter is a document that defines the team’s mission, boundaries, the background of the problem, the team’s authority and duties, and resources. It also identifies the
members and their assigned roles – leader, recorder, time keeper and facilitator.
3. Team Composition : The size of the team should not exceed ten members except in the case of natural work teams or self-directed teams. Teams should be diversed by having members with different skills, perspective and potential. Wherever needed, the internal and external customers and suppliers should be included as a team member.
4. Training : The team members should be trained in the problem-solving techniques, team dynamics and communication skills.
5. Ground Rules : The team should have separate rules of operation and conduct. Ground rules should be discussed with the members, whenever needed it should be reviewed and revised.
6. Clear Objectives: The objective of the team should be stated clearly. Without the clear objective, the team functions is not to be effective.
7. Accountability: The team performance is accountable. Periodic status report of the team should be given to the quality council. The team should review its performance to determine possible team process weaknesses and make improvements.
8. Well-defined Decision Procedures: The decision should be made clearly at the right time by the team.
9. Resources: The adequate information should be given to the team wherever needed. The team cannot be expected to perform successfully without the necessary tools.
10.Trust : Management must trust the team to perform the task effectively. There must also be trust among the members and a belief in each other.
11.Effective Problem-Solving : Problem-solving methods are used to make the effective decision.
12. Open Communication : Open communication should be encouraged i.e., everyone feels free to speak in the team whatever they are thinking, without any interruptions.
13. Appropriate Leadership: Leadership is important in all the team. Leader is a person who leads the team, motivates the team and guides the team in a proper direction.
14. Balanced Participation : Everyone in a team should be involved in the team’s activities by voicing their opinions, lending their knowledge and encouraging other members to take part.
15.Cohesiveness: Members should be comfortable working with each other and act as a single unit, not as individuals or subgroups.
Copyright © 2018-2021 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. (BS) Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.