It is the total involvement from every person at all levels in the organization
ASPECTS OF EMPLOYEE INVOLVEMENT
1. Employee motivation
2. Employee Empowerment
4. Recognition and Reward Schemes
1. EMPLOYEE MOTIVATION
It is the process of stimulating people or attempting to influence other to do your will or accomplish desire goals through the possibility of reward
Improves employee involvement
Reduces absenteeism and increases turn over Promotes job satisfaction
THEORIES OF MOTIVATION
HERZBERGâ€™S TWO FACTOR THEORY
1. Motivation Factor: People are motivated by recognition, responsibility, achievement, advancement and the work itself. These are called as motivators
2. Dissatisfies or Hygiene Factor: Low salary, minimal fringe benefits, poor working conditions, ill defined organizational policy, mediocre technical supervision are dissatisfies which implies they are preventable.
1. Good pay factor is normally in the middle of ranking.
2. Normal Wants are interesting work, appreciation, involvement job security, Good pay, Promotion/growth, Good working conditions, Loyalty to employees, Help with personal problems arid Tactful Discipline.
ACHIEVING A MOTIVATED WORK FORCE BY THE MANAGERS
Know thyself, Know employees, Establish a positive attitude, Share the goal, Monitor progress, Develop interesting work by job rotation, job enlargement(Horizontal) and job enrichment (Vertical), Communicate effectively, Celebrate success.
7) Explain employee empowerment.
It is an environment in which people have the ability, the confidence and the commitment to take his responsibility and ownership to improve the process and initiate the necessary steps to satisfy customer requirements within well-defined boundaries in order to achieve organizational values and goals.
Job Enrichment: Is expanding content of the Job.
Job Empowerment: Is expanding the context of the job.
GENERAL PRINCIPLES OR CHARACTERISTICS FOR'
1. Tell people what their responsibilities are.
2. Given the authority equal to the responsibility assigned to them.
3. Set standards of excellence.
4. Give them knowledge information and feed back.
5. Trust them and treat them with dignity and respect.
CONDITIONS TO CREATE THE EMPOWERED ENVIRONMENT
1. Every one should under stand the need to change
2. The system need to change to new paradigm.
3. The organization must provide information, education, and skill to its employees.
Teams and Team works
A team can be defined as a group of people working together to achieve common objectives or goals
Team work is the cumulative actions of the team during which each member of the team subordinates his individual interest and opinions for the fulfilling of objectives of the group.