Classification of condensers
Condensers are classified as follows:
In jet condensers which is to be condensed.
In surface conden the steam which is to be condens In parallel flow the same direction.
In counter flow j ctions. In low level jet c pump into the hot well.
In high level jet condensers, the condensate falls to the hot well by the barometric leg provided in the condenser.
In ejector condensers, a number of convergent nozzles are used.
In down flow surface condensers, the condensed steam flows down from the condenser.
In central flow surface condensers, the condensed steam moves towards the centre of condenser tubes.
In single pass surface condensers, the cooling water flows in the condenser tubes only once.
In multi pass surface condensers, the cooling water flows in the condenser tubes number of
The essential elements of a steam condensing plant is given below:
1. A closed vessel in which the steam is condensed.
2. A pump to deliver condensed steam to the hot well from the condenser.
3. A dry air-pump to remove air and other non-condensable gases.
4. A feed pump to deliver water to the boiler from hot well.
5. Another pump for circulating cooling water.
An arrangement for re-cooling the circulating water from the condenser such as cooling tower or spray pond.
Copyright © 2018-2021 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. (BS) Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.