![if !IE]> <![endif]>
The World after World War II
• The history of China becoming a Communist country in the aftermath of Second War is narrated with the portrayal of developments there after the revolution of 1911.
• Rivalry between the US and the USSR, leading to the division of world into two military blocs and the significance of NATO and Warsaw Pact, are highlighted.
• Cold War developments are illustrated with cases of Korean War, Cuban Missile Crisis, Arab-Israeli Wars and Vietnam War.
• Launch of Non-Alignment Movement, representing the view-points of Third World countries, is described.
• Establishment of Council of Europe to act independently of the influence of USA that later developed into European Common Market and into European Union today is explained.
antagonistic: acting against or indicating பகையுணர்வு கைொண்ட
wriggle out: to avoid doing something நழுவுதல்
ascension: the act of rising to an important position or a higher level, a movement upward வளர்ச்சி, உயர்வு
disillusioned: disappointed on finding out something is not as good as hoped அதிருப்தி
abstaining: restrain oneself from doing something விலகியிருத்ல், ஒதுங்கியிருத்ல்
embitter: cause to feel bitter – to make hateful வெறுப்புணர்ச்சி, கசப்புணர்வு
incapacitated: lacking in or deprived of strength or power திறனற்தாக்குதல், முடமாக்குதல்
bacteriological weapons: the use of harmful bacteria as a weapon நுணணுயிரியல் ஆயுதங்கள்
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.