![if !IE]> <![endif]>
1. Which American President followed the policy of containment of Communism?.
a) Woodrow Wilson
c) Theodore Roosevelt
d) Franklin Roosevelt
2. When was People’s Political Consultative Conference held in China?
a) September 1959
b) September 1948
c) September 1954
d) September 1949
3. The United States and European allies formed ____ to resist any Soviet aggression in Europe.
d) Warsaw Pact
4. Who became the Chairman of the PLO’s Executive Committee in 1969?
a) Hafez al-Assad
b) Yasser Arafat
d) Saddam Hussein
5. When was North and South Vietnam united?
6. When was the Warsaw Pact dissolved?
1. Dr. Sun Yat-Sen was known as the “Father of modern China”.
2. In 1918, the society for the study of Marxism was formed in Peking University.
3. After the death of Dr. Sun Yat Sen, the leader of the Kuomintang party was Chiang Kai-Shek.
4. The Central Treaty Organization treaty is open to any Arab nation desiring peace and security in the region.
5. The treaty of Versailles provided for mandates in Turkish -Arab Empire.
6. Germany joined the NATO in 1955.
7. Strasbourg was the Headquarters of the Council of Europe.
8. The Maastricht treaty signed on February 7, 1992 created the European Union.
1. i) In China (1898) the young emperor, under the influence of the educated minority, initiated a series of reforms known as the 100 days of reforms.
ii) The Kuomintang Party represented the interests of the workers and peasants.
iii) Yuan Shih-Kai had lost prestige in the eyes of Nationalists, when he agreed to the demand of Japan to have economic control of Manchuria and Shantung.
iv) Soviet Union refused to recognize the People’s Republic of China for more than two decades.
a) (i) and (ii) are correct
b) (ii) and (iii) are correct
c) (i) and (iii) are correct
d) (i) and (iv) are correct
2. i) In 1948, the Soviets had established left wing government in the countries of Eastern Europe that had been liberated by the Soviet Army.
ii) The chief objective of NATO was to preserve peace and security in the North Atlantic region.
iii) The member countries of SEATO were committed to prevent democracy from gaining ground in the region.
iv) Britain used the atomic bomb against Japan to convey its destructive capability to the USSR.
a) (ii), (iii) and (iv) are correct
b) (i) and (ii) are correct
c) (iii) and (iv) are correct
d) (i), (ii) and (iii) are correct
3. Assertion (A): America’s Marshall Plan was for reconstruction of the war-ravaged Europe.
Reason (R): The US conceived the Marshal Plan to bring the countries in the Western Europe under its influence.
a) Both (A) and (R) are correct, but R is not the correct explanation of A
b) Both (A) and (R) are wrong
c) Both (A) and (R) are correct and R is the correct explanation of A
d) (A) is wrong and (R) is correct
1. Dr. Sun Yat-Sen - South Vietnam
2. Syngman Rhee - Kuomintung
3. Anwar Sadat - South Korea
4. Ho-Chi Minh - Egypt
5. Ngo Dinh Diem - North Vietnam
1. Dr. Sun Yat-Sen - Kuomintung
2. Syngman Rhee - South Korea
3. Anwar Sadat - Egypt
4. Ho-Chi Minh - North Vietnam
5. Ngo Dinh Diem - South Vietnam
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.