PREVENTION OF FOOD POISONING
· Buy meat and seafood items only from hygienic outlets.
· Do not buy items whose expiry date has elapsed.
· Do not buy items containing undercooked or raw animal-derived ingredients.
· Buy only pasteurised milk or cheese.
· Do not buy eggs which are cracked or leaking.
· Take groceries directly home and store immediately in the refrigerator.
· Always store raw meat, poultry, or seafood in plastic bags, so that drippings do not contaminate other items in the refrigerator.
· Hot foods should be eaten immediately, or kept hot (> 60° C), or refrigerated.
· Do not store eggs in the egg-section of the door (provided in most refrigerators), since adequate cooling does not occur. Place them inside cartons and store them in the main section of the refrigerator.
· Never leave cut vegetables/meat in the open. Refrigerate them, or cook them.
· Ensure that the temperature in the main section of the refrigerator is always below 4° C, and that of the freezer is below -18° C.
· Cook all meat and seafood thoroughly before eating. Never consume undercooked oysters, clams, mussels, sushi, or snails.
· Cook eggs until both the yolk and white are firm. Never eat runny yolk.
· Reheat food or heat partially cooked foods all the way through to at least 74° C.
· If any food item looks or smells suspicious, discard it.
· Wash hands, utensils, and counters with water and soap between preparation of different foods (especially raw meat, poultry, fish, eggs).
· Use plastic or glass cutting boards for slicing vegetables or meat. Wooden boards are extremely difficult to clean adequately.
· Wash fresh fruits and vegetables under running water.
· Avoid consuming uncooked animal-derived dishes (sushi, raw oysters, Hollandaise sauce, eggnog, mayonnaise, etc.).
· Do not eat undercooked meat or poultry.
· Do not consume egg preparations with runny yolk.
a. Drink only boiled or bottled water.
b Do not eat raw vegetables and salads.
c. Do not buy food items from roadside vendors.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.