Points to remember
* An atoms is the smallest particle of an element
* Elements are the simplest forms of pure substances
* Molecules of an element consist of a fixed number of one type of atom
* Molecules of a compound consist of a fixed number of different types of atom
* The molecules of the different element nitrogen and oxygen make up 99 percent of the air
* The particulate nature of matter can be used to explain heating effect of Solid, Liquid and Gas
* The mass of the matter remains same during expansion
* A molecule is made up of two or more atoms chemically combined
* We can represent a molecule using the chemical formula.
Matter around us
Let’s build the molecules.
Step 1: Use the URL to reach stimulation page. Click ‘Download’ and launch the stimulation.
Step 2: Drag the atoms from the kit which is at the bottom of the display to ‘make molecule’. Click on “3D” to see the molecule in 3 dimension. And drag that molecule to ‘Your molecule collection’ on the left side window.
Step 3: Click on the ‘collect multiple’ tab on the top of the window for more molecules.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Larger molecules’ tab to make larger molecules.
Matter around us URL:
*Pictures are indicative only
*If browser requires, allow Flash Player or Java Script to load the page.