![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Social Science : History
INTELLECTUAL AWAKENING AND SOCIO-POLITICAL CHANGES
1. Identify the founder of a new sect who exemplified simplicity and self-denial.
b) Lao - Tze
Answer : (a) Buddha
2. The Magadha king influenced by the teachings of Mahavira
Answer : (c) Bimbisara
3. The northern India extended from the Kabul Valley in the north to the Godavari in the south witnessed the rise of sixteen states.
Answer : (a) Mahajanapadas
4. Tri-ratnas are the three principles taught by
Answer : (b) Mahavira
5. The account which throws light on Mauryan polity and society
a) Marco polo
Answer : (c) Megasthanes
6. i. Under the Magadha king the mahamatriyas functioned as secretaries to the ministers.
ii. Accounts of Megasthanes titled Indica is a useful record about Mauryan polity and society.
iii. Nanda’s attempt to build an imperial structure was cut short by Ashoka who founded the Mauryan kingdom.
iv. According to tradition, towards the end of his life Chandragupta become an ardent follower of Buddhism.
a) (i) is correct
b) (ii) is correct
c) (i) and (ii) is correct
d) (iii) and (iv) is correct
Answer : (b) (ii) is correct.
1. Zend Avesta is a collection of sacred literature of different epochs, containing prayers, confessions and myths.
2. In the Gangetic plain Iron plough agriculture required the use of bullocks.
3. Jains believe that Mahavira came in a long line of Tirthankaras and he was the twenty- fourth and the last.
4. The place where Buddha attained enlightenment has been built into the Mahabodhi temple that still exists in Both gaya.
5. The rock edicts form the reliable source to know about the mauryan empire in particular the Dharmic rule of Ashoka.
1. a. The introduction of Bronze tools made easy the removal of dense forest cover from the banks of the Ganges.
b. Ajivikas had a small presence in western India.
c. The clusters where particular clansmen were dominant came to be known were Pre-Mauryan states.
d. Of the kingdoms mentioned in the literature of the period Kashi, Kosala and Magadha are considered to be powerful.
Answer : (d) Of the kingdoms mentioned in the literature of the period Kashi, Kosala and Magadha are considered to be powerful.
2. a. Ajatashatru was the first important king of Magadha.
b. Bimbisara succeeded in establishing a comprehensive structure of administration.
c. The Mauryas were the first of non-kshatriya dynasties to rule in northern India.
d. Nanda's attempt to build an imperial structure was cut short by Ashoka.
Answer :(b) Bimbisara succeeded in establishing a comprehensive structure of administration.
Column -1 : Column – II
1. Eight-fold path – a. Tallest Jaina statue
2. Bahubali – b. a code of political morality
3. The spring and Autumn Annals – c. Sacred literature of laws and myths
4. Zend Avesta – d. First Tirthankara
5. Rishabha – e. path to-attain the purest state of mind.
1. Eight-fold path : Path to attain the purest state of mind.
2. Bahubali : Tallest Jaina statue
3. The spring and Autumn Annals : a code of political morality
4. Zend Avesta : Sacred literature of laws and myths
5. Rishabha : First Tirthankara
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.