At the end of this chapter students will be able to:
· Define labour
· Describe – mechanism of labour
· List the stages of labour with their features
· Identify the false sign of labour
· Mention managment of second stage of labour
· Mention care of mother during labour
· Identify types of episiotomy with its indications.
Defintion- Labour is described as the process by which thefetus, placenta and memberane are expelled through the birth canal.
Normal labour occurs at term and is spontaneous in onset with the fetus presenting by the vertex. The process should be completed with acceptable time with in 24 hours vaginally. With no complications arise.
Hormonal, Biochemical and mechanical charges that occur around term may trigger labour.
· release of oxytocin
· Altered Oestrogen progestron ratio
· Prssure from the presenting part
· Over streched uterus
Labour is said to be established with regular painful uterine contraction occurs and effacement of cervix with 2 cm dilated.
Copyright © 2018-2021 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. (BS) Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.