![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Introduction to Operating System
An Operating System (OS) is a system software (Figure 5.1) that enables the hardware to communicate and operate with other software. It also acts as an interface between the user and the hardware and controls the overall execution of the computer.
Following are some of the important functions of an Operating System as discussed in the previous chapter:
· Memory Management
· Process Management
· Device Management
· File Management
· Security Management
· Control overall system performance
· Error detecting aids
· Coordination between other software and users
· Windows Series - for desktop and
· laptop computers.
· Android - for smart phones.
· iOS - for Apple phones, i-Pad and i - Po d .
· Linux - Open source Operating System for desktop and server.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.