Various versions of Windows
Windows Operating System uses both Keyboard and mouse as input devices. Mouse is used to interact with Windows by clicking its icons. Keyboard is used to enter alphabets, numerals and special characters.
· Access applications (programs) on the computer (word processing, games, spread sheets, calculators and so on).
· Load any new program on the computer .
· Manage hardware such as printers, scanners, mouse, digital cameras etc.,
· File management activities (For example creating, modifying, saving, deleting files and folders).
· Change computer settings such as colour scheme, screen savers of your monitor, etc.
With reference to the Table 5.1, let us see the versions of Windows Operating System.