![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Shutting down or Logging off a Computer
Once you have closed all open applications, you can either log off your computer or shut down the computer.
· Click start -> log off (click the arrow next to Shut down) or Start -> Shutdown . (Figure 5.37.)
· If you have any open programs, then you will be asked to close them or windows will Force shut down, you will lose any un-saved information if you do this.
· Switch User: Switch to another user account on the computer without closing your open programs and Windows processes.
· Log Off: Switch to another user account on the computer after closing all your open programs and Windows processes.
· Lock: Lock the computer while you're away from it.
· Restart: Reboot the computer. (This option is often required as part of installing new software or Windows update.)
· Sleep: Puts the computer into a low-power mode that retains all running programs and open Windows in computer memory for a super-quick restart.
· Hibernate (found only on laptop computers): Puts the computer into a low-power mode after saving all running programs and open Wwindows on the machine's hard drive for a quick restart.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.