![if !IE]> <![endif]>
FUNDAMENTALS OF COMPUTER GRAPHICS
1. What is meant by Engineer ing Design Process?
The Engineering Design Process is the formulation of a plan to help an engineer build a product with a specified performance goal.
The Engineering Design process is a multi-step process including the research, conceptualization, feasibilit y assessment, establishing design requirements, preliminary design, detailed design, production planning and tool design, and finally prodduction.
2. Shortly narrate Embodiment Design.
It is a process where the structured development of the design concepts takes place. It is in this phase that decisions are made on strength, material selection, size shape and spatial compatibility. Embodiment design is concerned with three major tasks – product architecture, configuration d esign, and parametric design.
3. What are the steps involved in Conceptual Design?
i. Identification of customer needs
ii. Problem defin ition
iii. Gathering Inf ormation
v. Concept selection
4. Describe Detailed Design.
It is in this phase the design is brought to a state where it has the complete engineering description of a tested an d a producible product. Any missing information about the arrangement, form, material,, manufacturing process, dimensions, tolerances etc of each part is added and detailed engineeering drawing suitable for manufacturing are prepared.
5. Why Technology is applied in the Design Process?
Design is the esse nce of engineering
Starts with recognition of some need
Progresses to physical implementation
Results may be simple or complex
Design can be of two kind:
O Somethin g completely new , or
O An impro ved form of something already in existence
6.What are the steps involved in Morphology of Design?
5. Plot the various stages of P roduct Life Cycle (PLC).
6. What are the stages of conv entional sequential engineering design proce ss?
7. Clearly sketch components of concurrent engineering design process?
10. List the application of Computers to Design.
• Modeling of the D esign
• Engineering desig n and analysis
• Evaluation of Prototype through Simulation and Testing
• Drafting and Desi gn Documentation
11. List any four benefits of CA D.
• Shorter Lead Times
• Flexibility in Des ign
• Design Analysis
• Fewer Design Error
• Standardization of Design, Drafting and Documentation
• Drawings are mor e understandable
12. Write short note on Windo wing Transformation.
When it is neces sary to examine in detail a part of a picture b eing displayed, a window may be placed a round the desired part and the windowed area magnified to fill the whole screen and mul tiple views of the model may also be shown on the same screen.
The window is a rectangular frame or boundary through which the user looks onto the model. The vie wport is the area on the screen in which the contents of the window are to be presented as an image.
13. What is meant by clipping Transformation?
The clipping is an operation to plot part of a picture within the given window of the plotting area and to discard the rest.
14. How Zooming has done in CG?
This transformation is carried out to provide enlarged or shrunk view of a picture detail
15. List some 2 –D transformations.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.