Human Geography of Tamil Nadu
• To understand the agricultural factors, major crops and their distribution in Tamil Nadu
• To learn about the water resources of Tamil Nadu
• To study the mineral and industrial resources of Tamil Nadu
• To analyze the population and its composition in Tamil Nadu
• To learn about the man made disasters in Tamil Nadu
Human geography refers to the study of ways of development of human societies and their operation in relation to their physical environment. This chapter focuses on the distribution, characteristics and utilisation of different resources in Tamil Nadu. We have studied earlier that the earth is endowed with a variety of natural resources such as landforms, rivers, soil, natural vegetation, water and wildlife. These resources are useful only when they are utilised. Human beings use these resources using their intelligence and skill. Thus, the human beings are the most significant resource on the earth surface. They turn all these natural resources into useful products with their skills and abilities.