![if !IE]> <![endif]>
VI. Distinguish between the following
1. Fishing is carried out in oceans and sea. Continental shelves support marine fishing.
2. Large mechanised boats are used for fishing.
3. The fish varieties caught are sharks, flying fish, counch, catfish, silver bellies and crabs.
4. Marine fishing is practised in the coastal districts like Chennai, Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli, Nagapattinam, Thanjavur and Ramanathapuram.
1. Fishing is carried out in lakes, rivers, ponds, estuaries, backwaters, reservoirs and swamps.
2. Catamarans, diesel boats and floating nets are used for fishing.
3. The fish varieties are catla, rogue, mirkal, eel and calabaashu.
4. Inland fishing is practised almost in all the districts. Vellore district leads in the inland fish production. Cuddalore, Sivagangai and Virudhunagar are other important centres.
1. Crops which are cultivated for human consumption are called food crops.
2. Food crops include rice, pulses, cereals and millets.
1. Crops which are cultivated for commercial purposes are called non-food crops. They are also used in Industries.
2. Fibre crops like cotton, sugarcane and jute are examples of non-food crops.
1. Surface water includes river basin, reservoirs and tanks.
2. The total surface water potential of the state is about 24,864 mcm.
3. More than 95% of the surface water had already been put into use.
1. Groundwater includes tube wells and open wells.
2. The ground water resource of the state is 22,424 mcm.
3. More than 80% of the ground water has been already put into use.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.