![if !IE]> <![endif]>
V. Answer the following in brief
1. Explain the cropping seasons of Tamil Nadu
Sornavari or Chittirai pattam:
• Sowing period is April and May.
• Harvesting period is August and September.
• Major crops are millets and cotton.
Samba or Adipattam:
• Sowing period is July and August.
• Harvesting period is January and February.
• Major crops are paddy and sugarcane
• Sowing period is November and December.
• Harvesting period is February and March.
• Major crops are fruits, vegetables, cucumber and watermelon
2. Why is Coimbatore called the Manchester of Tamil Nadu?
A large number of textile industries are concentrated in and around Coimbatore region. So Coimbatore is called the Manchester of Tamil Nadu. It is well known that Manchester, an Industrial city in England is noted for Cotton Textile Industries.
3. Name the important multipurpose projects of Tamil Nadu.
• Mettur dam
• Bhavani Sagar dam
• Amaravathi dam
• Sathanur dam
• Papanasam dam
4. What is MRTS?
• The Mass Rapid Transport System (MRTS) is a well established suburban railway network in Chennai.
• Currently it is developing a metro system which operates underground services since May 2017.
5. List out the air ports and sea ports of Tamil Nadu.
International air ports:
Domestic air ports:
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.